Time has come for me to go to hospital. If all goes well, I should stay there for a week/10 days.
There’s a queue going in my absence, so I hope you’ll still have fun.
You all are loved, remember that, and be kind to each other.
- To move in a circle against the motion of the Sun (counter-clockwise) will invite the powers of darkness into your life.
- If you sweep dust in the direction of the Sun you are destined to never be wed.
- The Greeks regarded the sun as an all-seeing eye, and believed that no deed escaped its detection.
- The appearance of three suns, it is said, denotes war. It is claimed that they are only visible at sunrise, and differ in size.
- The head of the bed must never be placed toward the rising sun, since it will cause the sleeper to rise with a bad headache, and even insanity may result.
- In Germany it is the custom on St. John’s Day for hunters to fire at the sun, believing that they will thereby become flawless hunters.
- For the sun to shine upon a bride is a good omen.
- The Mexicans say when it rains, and the sun is shining, a she-wolf is bringing forth her offspring, or a liar is paying his debts.
- If the sun shines while it rains, the witches are baking cakes.
- When the sun does not shine, all treasures buried in the earth are open.
- To dream you see the sun shine, shows accumulation of riches and enjoying posts of honour in the state, also success to the lover.
- To dream you see the sun rise, promises fidelity in your sweetheart, and good news from friends.
- To dream you see the sun set, shows infidelity in your sweetheart, and disagreeable news. To tradesmen, loss of business.
- When the sun sets on a cloudy day, the following day will be a stormy one.
- In the Scotch Highlands they still “make the deazil” around those whom they wish well of. This superstition consists in walking three times around the person according to the course of the sun. To circle in the opposite direction or “withershins,” is productive of evil, and brings bad luck.
- The full moon is good to start a new job, and to finish old business.
- Cucumbers, radishes, turnips, leeks, lilies, horseradish, saffron, and other plants, are said to increase during the fullness of the moon; but onions, on the contrary, are much larger and are better nourished during the decline.
- The moon seen over the right shoulder brings good luck, the moon seen over the left shoulder, brings bad luck.
- Being poor when in presence of a new moon was thought to bring bad luck. Having a few silver coins cancelled this out.
- If a girl is curious about whether or not she will wed, she should hold a silk handkerchief up in front of the moon. The number of moons that she sees represents the number of months until her wedding day.
- The full moon gives a very favorable energy for divination. If you keep a moonstone in the mouth during the night of a full moon, you have the power to see what awaits you in the future.
- Children born on a full moon night are said to become very healthy and strong.
- Sick people should not look at the full moon because in this way, they will delay their healing.
- Deaths occur most often when the tide is going out, and births occur when the tide is coming in.
- At first sight of the new moon, flip a silver coin and make a wish.
- In Roman times, to have a healthy baby, women wore silver crescent moons on their shoes.
- Charms and amulets in the shape of a crescent moon, are used to protect you from the evil eye, witchcraft, and bring you wealth. The crescent should always point to the left, representing the moon’s first quarter, when things prosper and grow.
- You will be caught if you try to commit robbery on the third day of a full moon.
- It is said that “When the New Moon holds the Old Moon in its Arms”, meaning that a ring is seen circling the New Moon, ships will be lost at sea.
- Pointing at the moon is unlucky.
This photo has NO CONTEXT and it is too funny.
Available at: White, Pink, Lavender, Dark Blue and Black
pros of long fics: well thought out, character development, builds relationships
cons of long fics: impending sense that something is going to go wrong at any moment
They’re together and happy, but there’s still ten chapters left.
Kittens Playpen Custom Order Giveaway!
You can win your choice of the following..
- -A custom made collar in any size!!
- -A pair of custom animal ears!
- -A custom tail!
All YOU have to do, is Reblog this post!
No follows needed! :)
Contest will end November 10th!
just a heads up, if i ever weird you out on any level, too friendly, too flirty, anything at all, i encourage you to be very vocal towards me about it to make sure i dont continue to make you uncomfortable. i dont want anyone feeling like im not someone they can trust and be comfortable around.
1919 c. illustration by Suzanne Meunier